BFA and MFA from Rajasthan School of Arts, Jaipur .(Raj).
- Solo Exhibition at Kala Mela RLKA JAIPUR,2018
- Solo Exhibition at LALIT KALA ACADEMY, Jaipur- 2016
- Solo Exhibition at Lokayata Art Gallery, New Delhi-2015.
- Solo Exhibition at Kala mela, Rajasthan Lalit kala academy,Jaipur , 2014.
- Solo Exhibition at India Art Festival, Mumbai – 2013.
- Solo Exhibition at Jawahar Kala Kendra Jaipur- 2013.
- Solo Exhibition at Kala mela, Rajasthan Lalit kala academy,Jaipur , 2012
- Solo Exhibition at Hotel ITC Rajputana Sheraton Jaipur 2012.
- Solo Exhibition at Kalaneri Art Gallery , 2011.
- .”Utsuk”Group show at kalaneri art gallery jaipur.2020.
- Group show “InanArtist’sMind.”TRINITY Art GALLERY”mumbai, 2019
- Group Show at JKK jaipur.2019.
- Participated in Jaipur Art Summit mumbai2019.
- Group show by Samanvai Art Gallery,Jaipur)in Stainless ArtGallery, NewDelhi-2019
- Group Show at PLF Ravindra manch jaipur.2019
- Group Show at Dhanbad art Fair Jharkhand.2019
- Group show at PLF Ravindra Manch, Jaipur 2019.
- Group show at Lalit Kala Academi New Delhi 2018.
- Group show at Gallery Art Angel Mumbai 2018.
- Group show at Jahangir Art Gallery,Mumbai,2018
- Group show at Kalaneri Art Gallery, Jaipur 2017.
- Group show at Samanvai Art Gallery,jaipur 2017
- Participated in Jaipur Art Summit in 2016.
- Group show at Kalaneri Art Gallery, Jaipur 2016.
- Participated in INDIA ART FESTIVAL, MUMBAI, 2016.
- Group show at The Culture Centre of Vijayawada Andhra Pradesh,2016.
- Group show at Lokayata Art Gallery, New Delhi-2016.
- Participated in Jaipur Art Summit in 2015 .
- “ Jairangam Theatre festival” Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur, 2015.
- “ A 100 Many Splendoured Things” ( by Samanvai Art Gallery, Jaipur) in Stainless Art Gallery, New Delhi-2015.
- Jaipur Art Summit in 2014.
- Kaleidoscope National Art Exhibition by Kalaneri Art Gallery, Jaipur 2014.
- Off The Easel, an art show by Samanvai Art Gallery, Jaipur in Mumbai 2014.
- Participated in Group Show at Swraj Bhawan Art Gallery Bhopal 2014.
- “A March of Perennials” Group Show (by Samanvai Art Gallery Jaipur) at all India Fine Art & Craft Society,
New Delhi 2014.
- Participated in Group Show at Samanvai Art Gallery Jaipur 2012.
- Participated in Group Show of eminent and emerging artists of Rajasthan ( By
Kalaneri Art Gallery, Jaipur) at INDIA ART FESTIVAL, MUMBAI & Gallery ART2DAY, Pune. 2011.
- Participated in Group Show ICA Art Gallery, 2011.
- Participated in Group Show at Kalaneri Art Gallery, 2011.
- Participated in Kala mela 2010, 11 , 12, 13.
- Group show in Kalaneri Art gallery in ,2010.
- Group show at M S University Baroda 2009.
- Participate in Rupam Group in Rajasthan school of Art jaipur 2009.
- Participate in Bharat Bhawan in a Group show at Bhopal 2009.
- Participate in Rang By Rainbow Group Show at JKK Jaipur 2009.
- Indradhanush group show in jkk Jaipur 2009.
- Rajasthan’s Biggest Canvas Show in JKK jaipur 2009.
- Crazy colorist group show in JKK Jaipur 2008.
- Participated in (Allumini) Group show in JKK, Jaipu, 2007.
- Participated in Exhibition at Siksha Sankul, Jaipur, 2007.
- Annual Exhibition at RSA, Jaipur 2006.
- Participate in Lalit Kala Academy Student art exhibition in jaipur 2006.
- Best Installation award by Art Fair, Jaipur, 2012.
- State Award by Lalit kala academy, Rajasthan, 2011.
- Best painting award by lalit kala Academy 13 kala mela JKK jaiput 2009.
- Best painting award by Dainik baskar in A Poster competition 2009.
- State Artist Camp PLF Jaipur 2019
- State Artist Camp RLKA Jaipur 2018
- National Artist Camp Ravindra Manch jaipur.2018
- Art Residency at The Culture Centre of Vijayawada Andhra Pradesh, 2016.
- JDA Art Strokes-Art Camp at Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur,2015
- Workshop at Symbiosis Low School, Noida Delhi-2015.
- National Artist Camp at Kalaneri Art Gallery Jaipur 2012.
- State Artist Camp at Lalit Kala Academy Rajasthan 2012.
- Eminent Artist Camp at Kalaneri Art Gallery Jaipur 2011.
“About Art Works”
Myself Lakhan Singh Jat, Visual artist born in 1986 and brought up in Kusany, a village near Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan.The approach to my paintings is based on the product of my inquisitiveness towards human nature and my childhood memories. As I hail from a rural part of the country, my paintings reflect the Mersmerising traditional beauty of Indian village with raw nature, coarse textures of mud and water , pure and serene atmosphere.
Does knowing the truth of childhood brings us closer to the certitude of human nature? How does the child within us heals us when we are unhappy and in despair?
Does recognizing nostalgia can bring us emotional fulfillment and help us in becoming a better person? Many such inquests keep haunting me and I set free my imagination to go deep down the memory lane and let my brush flow on canvas. Each painting has layers of colours and textures which depicts my memory flashes one by one. I believe that there is a child in each of us who wants to come out and play and to be loved, no matter how much we are grown up. Childhood memories are deeply imbibed in our mind ,heart and soul, which truly helps us in transformation of a human being from childhood to adulthood. My paintings are child centric which portray children going to school, making toys, screaming in the fields, climbing trees, cycling and buffalo riding, – a world of innocence where dreams are believed and treasured. This helps the viewer to rekindle the relationship with their inner child and ‘time travel’back to their childhood so that embracing and respecting that feeling brings peace and contentment in their busy and stressful life.
Under the title ‘From Village To The Virtual World’, my paintings open a window towards the rapidly changing world around us with digital and technological advancement, where real world seems to be imaginary and temporary and makes us a victim of escapism and lonliness. After living in city for so many years, when I visit my hometown, I feel sad to see the mud houses changed into brick houses, no more scarecrows posing in the fields with children playing around it , very few wells and handpumps , replaced by electricity transformers and wireless network towers. By composing clustered huts , old banyan trees, lost street games, in my paintings ,I have tried to bring my village back to life . I am profoundly influenced by the fact that we must keep alive the romanticism of village life which is a representation of simplicity, love, helpfulness and purity as the means of returning to our roots, for our following generations too.
Despite a lot of variety in my paintings one common factor is the controlled rendering of facial expressions, an advance feel for colour balancing, hidden profile of animals and trees and subtle use of lines.